Effective Date 21 September 2018
Definition of Personal Information
”Personal information” is any information that can be used to identify an individual, and may include, but is not limited to, for example, name, address, email address, phone number, marketing preference, social media account information, IP addresses, location data (if combined with other identifiers), video footage with your educational and professional records, and any form of identifying personal data. If we link other data with your personal information, we will treat that linked data as Personal Information. We also collect Personal Information from trusted third-party sources and engage third parties to collect Personal Information to assist us.
Collection and Use of Your Personal Information
We may collect a variety of information, including Personal Information, about you as you use our Sites and Solutions, register your application, and interact with us. A summary of what we collect and how we use the Personal Information associated with our main Sites, Products, and Solutions is compiled for your convenience below.
Challenge Applying Profile:
When you apply for LooxidVR Super Happiness Challenge, we collect information about you including (but not limited to) your name, your employer’s name, your work address (including your country location), and your email address. We may also collect your personal email address, a personal mailing address, and a mobile phone number. We ask participants to voluntarily provide additional information such as their affiliation, professional experience, and some other information. Participants may ask to change or remove Personal Information if they want to withdraw their applications.
We process your personal information for application administration, to deliver LooxidVR products to you, and to inform you of Looxid Labs related events, content, and other benefits or opportunities associated with Looxid Labs products and solutions. We may also use this information to help us understand our potential customers’ needs and interests to better tailor our Sites, products, and solutions to meet your needs.
Personal Information Provided at Events
Looxid Labs may host a few events throughout the year. These include in-person and web-based conferences as well as virtual challenges (collectively “events”). If you register for one of our events, we will access your information to provide you with information and services associated with the event. We will collect your name, telephone number, address, email address and select other information, which we will store in our database(s) and use to provide you with information and services associated with the current and future events and Looxid Labs content.
Personal Information Provided to Acquire Content Access
We offer exciting content for LooxidVR customers and non-customers alike. You may manage your Looxid Labs newsletter subscriptions bt subscribing or unsubscribing at any time. If you have any difficulties managing your email or other communication preferences with Looxid Labs, please contact us at email@example.com.
We use Google Analytics to track how often people gain access to or read our content. We use this information in the aggregate to produce the most valuable content to meet your needs.
We also conduct surveys that we use to evaluate the content quality and relevance to your interest. We do not track individuals but look at information in the aggregate only. Participation in surveys is voluntary.
Personal Information Provided in Site or Solution Forums
Personal Information Provided in Correspondence with Looxid Labs and LooxidVR
If you correspond with us by email, the postal service, or other forms of communication, we may retain the correspondence and the information contained in it and use it to respond to your inquiry and to keep a record of the complaint, accommodation, or other requests.
If you ask us not to contact you by email at a certain email address, Looxid Labs will retain a copy of that email address on its “master do not send” list in order to comply with your no-contact request
Personal Information Provided to Process Payment
You may purchase Products or Solutions using a payment card. Payment card information may be provided directly by users, via an Looxid Labs and LooxidVR Sites or authorized third-party site such as PayPal. We do not process or store the card information. We strongly encourage you not to submit this information by email. When Looxid Labs employees receive payment card or other financial account information from customers by email, fax, phone, or mail, it is entered as instructed and then deleted or destroyed.
Personal Information Collected Electronically
Personal Information Collected on Sites
We use automatic data collection tools on our Sites, such as cookies, embedded web links, and web beacons. These tools collect certain standard information that your browser sends back to our Sites. Examples include:
- Browser type and version;
- Address of the website from which you arrived at our Site;
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) Address: this is a number automatically assigned to your computer or device whenever you connect to the Internet. It is a unique address assigned by your Internet service provider or IT department on a TCP/IP network. Among other things, the IP address allows web servers to locate and identify your device; and
- Clickstream Behavior: this includes the pages you view and the links you click. These tools help make your visit to our Sites easier, more efficient, and more valuable by providing you with a customized experience and recognizing you when you return.
Use of Google Analytics and Other Backend Analytics Tools
We use Google Analytics, a service that transmits our Site traffic to Google servers in the United States. Google Analytics does not identify individual users or associate your IP address with other data held by Google. We use reports and data provided by Google Analytics and other website traffic tracking services to help us understand our Site traffic trends and usage. For more information regarding how Google collects and process data, please visit google.com/policies/privacy/partners.
Do Not Track Option
Personal Information Use Summary
Personal Information you provide to us is used either to respond to requests that you make or to aid us in serving you better. For a more complete listing of the type(s) of Personal Information we typically collect and how we use it by Sites, Products, and Solution, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. A summary of the ways we may use your Personal Information is set forth below:
- To identify you as an applicant in our system;
- To optimize and improve our Sites, Products, Solutions, and Services.
- To deliver Products, Solutions, and Services you request;
- To send you administrative email notifications;
- To respond to and track the progress of your application and inquiries;
- To market Looxid Labs of possible interest to you on our applicable Sites, Products, and Solutions.
Sharing Your Personal Information with Third Parties
With Whom Do We Share Your Personal Information?
We may share your Personal Information with third parties for the purpose of operating our business, delivering, improving, and customizing our Sites and Solutions, sending marketing and other communications related to our business, and for other legitimate purposes permitted by applicable law or otherwise with your consent. We may share Personal Information in the following ways:
- Within Looxid Labs and any of our subsidiaries or affiliates for purposes of data processing, storage, and/or marketing;
- With business partners, service vendors, or contractors to provide a requested Site content or enhancements, a Solution, a service or a transaction. Examples include, but not limited to: processing of orders and credit card transactions, hosting websites, customer and faculty relationship management, assisting with sales-related efforts or post-sales support, delivering content, Solutions, or services, and providing customer support;
- With service vendors focused on the provision, payment, and auditing of the employee, vendor, contractor, faculty and moderator benefits;
- With a search engine, web analytics, and survey providers engaged to track trends and other statistics to enhance the user experience;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Looxid Labs assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or to another company;
- In response to a request for information by a competent authority if we believe disclosure is in accordance with or is otherwise required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process;
- With law enforcement officials, government authorities, or other third parties as necessary to comply with legal process or meet national security requirements; protect the rights, property, its business partners, you, or others; or as otherwise required by applicable law.
- In aggregated, anonymized, and/or de-identified form which cannot reasonably be used to identify you; and/or
- If we otherwise notify you and you consent to the sharing.
International Transfers of Your Personal Information
Do We Send Your Personal Information Abroad?
Looxid Labs is headquartered in South Korea and Personal Information we collect from you will be processed in South Korea. South Korea has not sought nor received a finding of “adequacy” from the European Union under Article 45 of the GDPR. We aim to collect and transfer Personal Information only: i) with your consent; ii) to perform a contract with you; or iii) to fulfill a compelling legitimate interest in a manner that does not outweigh your rights and freedoms.
Please do not submit any Personal Information to us if you do not wish for your data to be transferred internationally.
Your Rights and Choices Regarding Your Personal Information
You have the right to ask us not to process your Personal Information for marketing purpose. Where you have consented to us using Your Personal Information, you can withdraw that consent at any time. You may request that we erase that Personal Information or cease processing it, subject to certain exceptions. You may also request information about: i) the purpose of the processing; ii) the categories of Personal Information concerned; iii) who else other than Looxid Labs might have received the Personal Information; iv) what the source of the information was (if you didn’t provide it directly to us); and v) how long it will be stored.
If you have a complaint about how we have handled your Personal Information, you may be able to ask us to restrict how we use it while your complaint is resolved. In some circumstances, you can ask us to erase your Personal Information:
- By withdrawing your consent for us to use it;
- If it is no longer necessary for us to use your Personal Information;
- If you object to the use of your Personal Information and we don’t have a good reason to continue to use it; or
- If we haven’t handled your Personal Information in accordance with our obligations.
Security of Your Personal Information
Is My Personal Information Safe with Looxid Labs?
Note, however, that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we use reasonable efforts to protect your Personal Information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any Personal Information you provide to us.
Retention of Personal Information
Does Looxid Labs Retain My Personal Information?
We will retain your Personal Information for the period required to fulfill the purposes for which it has been collected. These purposes may include the need to fulfill various commercial and legal requirements. Your Personal Information is stored by Looxid Labs on servers of the cloud-based database management services we engage, located primarily in South Korea. Unless you request otherwise, we will retain data for the duration of your business relationship with us or for as long as is required by law. For more information on where and how long your Personal Information is stored, please contact email@example.com.
Certain services and solutions provided by or through Looxid Labs may be subject to additional privacy terms or Personal Information disclosures (collectively, “Additional Policies”). In the event of any direct contact between any Additional Policies and this Policy, the Additional Policies will control.
How to Contact Us
Looxid Labs takes your privacy very seriously, including your activities in browsing Looxid Labs owned or controlled websites and mobile applications (collectively, “Sites”).
What Cookies Do We Use?
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information. They are downloaded to your computer or device when you visit a Site. They don’t tell us who you are but they do enable us to recognize your device and where you have made various preferences or actions they enable us to remember them.
Cookies do lots of different jobs, like letting you navigate between web pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improving your experience of our Sites. They can also help to ensure that advertisements and content you see online are more relevant to you and your interests.
The cookies used on the Sites have been categorized based on function. Here are the main types of cookies we use and why we use them:
- Essential Cookies
These cookies are necessary in order to enable you to move around our Sites and use their features, such as accessing secure areas of our Sites. Without these cookies services, you may have asked for, cannot be provided.
- Performance Cookies
These cookies collect information about how you use our Sites. For instance, they tell us which pages you visit most often and if you receive any error messages from our web pages. These cookies do not identify you. All information they collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. We use these cookies to measure and analyze how our customers use our Sites and to improve their functionality and the user experience.
- Functionality Cookies
These cookies allow our Sites to remember choices you make (such as your language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, personalized features. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to customizable parts of our Sites. The information these cookies collect may be anonymized and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
- Targeting & Advertising Cookies
These cookies are used to deliver marketing and communications more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as to help measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign.